For those of you who want to know about the SIM Registered Against CNIC or would like to check that your SIMs were issued by all means, continue reading.
Cellular phones are common among the people of Pakistan. In 2000, they were uncommon. With the increase number of mobile phone users, the wrong purposes of technology also increase. A terrorist used multiple unregistered mobile numbers to spread his message of hate.
To avoid this happening again, Pakistan Telecoms Authority introduced an advanced mobile number verification system in 2009 to check SIM Registered Against CNIC. In this method we need to get a list of subscriber’s CNIC and by matching that with the details we have on our system we can easily get a list of active SIMs It’s always helpful to be aware of all the phone numbers that have been registered against your CNIC or for verification.
How many Mobile SIM registered against CNIC Number?
It should be kept in your mind that there is a limit to the number of SIMs one can get against your CNIC number. As per the rules set by PTA, an individual citizen can have a maximum of 5 SIM cards issued in their name at a time.
If you already have taken 5 SIM cards and registered with your CNIC and now you want to get more, then you must first block the SIM card which is not in use to maintain the limit of a maximum of 5 SIMs.
According to rules given by PTA, there’s a restrict number of SIM cards that can be registered against individual’s CNIC. One can not be able to register more SIMs than this range.
PTA sets a limit of 5 SIM cards at a time to registered against CNIC. If you have 5 SIMs registered already and want to get more you will have to block one of the previously register SIM.
How to check number of active SIM Registered Against CNIC Number?
It is critical to know about the active SIM cards that have been issued against your CNIC as soon as possible.
There are two easy methods to check the SIMs against CNIC number:
- There is a way to find the number of SIM registered against CNIC on the website:
- To check the number of SIM cards issued and active against your name, go to the PTA SIM Information Website.
- By opening the website link you will able to open a webpage that will ask you to enter your information.
- Now enter your CNIC number in the given field.
- Verify that you are not a robot by checking the box and then press ‘Submit’.
- A list of the registered SIMs against that particular CNIC in a tabular form will be shown then.
- The list will be classified according to operator-wise, and total number of SIMs you have registered against your CNIC.
There is a way to find the number of SIM registered against CNIC through SMS.
- Open the text message application on your mobile phone.
- Type in your CNIC number without using any hyphens.
- Now, send this message to 668.
- You will soon receive a reply via text message showing you the total number of active SIM cards against each operator issued on your CNIC Number.
- You will be charged PKR 2 + tax for every SMS that you send to 668.
If your CNIC’s number of SIMs are more than the number of SIM cards you have actually, then You must contact the customer service center of the concerned telecom operator.
How to block a Mobile SIM registered against your CNIC?
If you want to block any mobile SIM that you do not use, so that you are no longer responsible for that number against your CNIC Number. To do so, here’s way you van follow:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer support office of the concerned cellular company.
- You will be required to show your original CNIC and fill a related form that will immediately block your required number.